miércoles, 9 de noviembre de 2011

Big Fish

To be honest, it’s not the first time I’ve seen this film, and it won’t be the last one. In my opinion, Big Fish is a great film, so I’ll try not to spoil it.

What I like the most of the film it’s not its plot, it’s its accent. I love this accent; it is a very understandable accent that makes English students feel good. That’s why I’ve seen this film lots of times, and thanks of its plot, you don’t get bored watching it again and again. I remember, before having an English test I used to see this film. I realized (maybe because I had watched the film before) I didn’t need subtitles, so I felt really good and I did the exams quietly. Perhaps that’s another reason why I have a special affection for the film.

I want to say some objective things about the film. The film is based on a Daniel Wallace novel, but directed by Tim Burton. If you have a look at the trailer, you’ll realize the film is about the fantastic story of a man’s life, a man who tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on after him. And in that way, he becomes immortal”. And with so many stories, his son thinks he doesn’t know his own father. Now, I think it’s very beautiful to say Tim Burton wanted to direct this film after his father died; and I personally think it is a great tribute to him, although the story wasn’t written thinking of Tim Burton’s father’s life. It’s another way to assimilate the death, in a very happy way. Why ending has to be sad? Well, I don't want to beat about the bush so, I'll recommend you to see this video of The Wire to reconsider this topic. I hope you like it.
Turning to the film, it deals with lots of topics, because the father tells his life compiling a lot of little stories, all of them are full of imagination. Imagination and fantasy are the main topics, are topics which open your mind, which bring you back your childhood. It’s amazing. I love how the film mixes drama, with fun, with humor and of course, with imagination.
“In telling the story of my father's life, it's impossible to separate fact from fiction, the man from the myth. The best I can do is to tell it the way he told me. It doesn't always make sense and most of it never happened... but that's what kind of story this is”.

I’m that kind of people who believe in magic, who want to think there are no trick after it, so I enjoyed the film like a child would.
Here you have some great quotes in case you’re interested in. Some of them are very funny, but I highly recommend watching the film.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario